With an over wide range of 10 million active users,MetaMask is one of the most popular non-custodial, decentralized Ethereum-based cryptocurrency wallets. MetaMask was initially launched in 2016 by ConsenSys Software Inc. It allows its users to store and manage account keys, and send and receive Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies or tokens. Along with that, it allows users to securely connect with decentralized finance applications on the Ethereum blockchain througha compatible web browser or mobile app.
In our further blog, we havementioned a step-by-step guide for adding funds to your MetaMask wallet.
How to add funds to the MetaMask wallet?
For using the MetaMask wallet it is required to have funds available in your wallet and there are two primary methods to add funds to your wallet. The first method is, you canpurchase Ether (ETH) or Ether Tokens (ERC-20) directly in your account and the second method is, you can transfer funds from a cryptocurrency exchange. For adding funds to your wallet you can follow this given below step-by-step guide.
Steps to purchase Ether (ETH) or Ether tokens (ERC-20):
You can buy ETH or ERC-20 directly in your account by using your credit or debit card. The process of buying tokens from a credit or debit card includes some additional fees. We have mentioned steps to purchase ETH or ERC-20 tokens which are as follows,
- First of all, open your MetaMask wallet extension in your browser and click on the “Buy ETH” option in your account dashboard.
- Now select the third-party service to purchase such as Wyre, Transak, or MoonPay.
- After selecting the third-party service, you have to follow the prompts by entering your payment information.
- Once you have followed these steps, your funds will receive or appear in your wallet of MetaMask.
Steps to add funds to your wallet from a Cryptocurrency Exchange:
You can add funds to your wallet through various reputable cryptocurrency exchanges such as Coinbase, Binance, or FTX. We have mentioned steps to add funds to your MetaMask wallet from a cryptocurrency exchange which are as follows,
- First of all, open the MetaMask extension in your browser and go to your account dashboard.
- Now you have to copy the wallet address to your clipboard.
- Switch to your crypto exchange and follow the instructions for sending funds by clicking on the “Send” option.
- Now paste your MetaMask address (which you have copied in the 2nd step) in the “Recipient Address” option in your crypto exchange and click on “Send ETH”.
- Once you have followed these steps the transfer process of funds will begin and you can track the status of your transaction by given unique transaction number.
MetaMask wallet is the best cryptocurrency wallet to use. It is free to install and compatible with a wide range of crypto and Web3 services. For using the wallet it is required to have funds available in your wallet and in our above content, we have covered a step-by-step guide that will help you to fund your wallet.