Are you an active user of the MetaMask Extension or any other crypto wallet and looking for an instruction guide on how to import or create multiple accounts? If yes, then let me take you on a ride to the further sections of this read below.
In the further sections of this write-up, I will provide you with an easy instruction guide that will help you to create multiple accounts and import your account of another crypto wallet in your MetaMask Extension for Chrome.
Procedure to create an account in MetaMask Extension:
We have mentioned below an easy instructions guide that can help you in creating multiple accounts in your MetaMask Chrome extension within a few clicks.
Note: After creating accounts in MetaMask Extensions, you can’t delete or remove them without resetting your MetaMask Wallet.
- In the initial step, launch MetaMask browser extension in your Google Chrome.
- Type your password and then hit on “Unlock”.
- Click on the drop-down icon that is located next to your account name.
- Now, click on the “+ Add account” option.
- Type a name for your account and then simply hit on the “Create” button, in order to finish the entire process of creating an additional account in your MetaMask Extension for Chrome.
Procedure to import private key in MetaMask Extension:
After knowing about the steps for account creation without any JSON file or private keys, if you are wondering how to import an account from another crypto wallet then read the given below instructions.
Note: We are taking Phantom Wallet Extension as an example for completing our further steps. If you want to import an account from any other crypto wallet, then first copy the private key of the account that you would like to import and then follow the same instructions as mentioned below.
- In the initial step, go ahead to the extensions section and launch Phantom Wallet.
- Unlock your wallet by providing your correct login credentials.
- Hit on the side menu icon that you can find at the top left corner of your screen.
- Go ahead to the settings menu and then select the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Select your account and then click on “Show Private Key”.
- Type your wallet unlock password and click on “Next”.
- Copy the private key of your preferred network and save it for further steps.
- Now, launch your MetaMask Extension and then log in to your wallet interface.
- Go ahead to the accounts drop-down menu.
- Click on “Import Account”.
- Choose the “Private Key” option by clicking on the drop-down icon.
- In last, paste the private key that you have copied in Step 7 and hit on “Import” to finish the entire process of importing an account from another crypto wallet to MetaMask.
In conclusion, that’s how you can create and import an additional account in your MetaMask Extension with or without private keys or JSON files within a few clicks. And if you face any error while importing an additional account of another wallet then make sure that you are pasting an accurate private key in your MetaMask Extension for Chrome. We hope that the information provided in the above section was helpful to you and if you want to know more about the MetaMask interface